Google
 
Web This Blog

In your spare time

Surf these sites in your spare time. They aren't the right topic for the "adventures" blog, so this more or less covers everything else.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Apartment Hunting

I am destroying the original purpose of this blog I think. Anyway, I have been apartment hunting. Sublet.com is a pain. Craigslist has all sorts of crap on it. The newspaper listings make it very difficult to know anything. Choosing in a complex that is organized and well prepared for tenants more or less means an extra 100 a month. And it is almost midnight and I have been working on this for hours. Hours I tell you. I wish I knew how to do this right. I am going to read the classifieds in every paper, but I know I will still be struggling to put a good list together. I really want to find a good place in the city. Partly because I hate having to worry about public transportation and it only seems fair to look for a place in between my school and hers. Partly because I finally want to be able to live in a city and do city things and not have to worry about catching the last bus or metro back to my suburb. I feel like if I put myself in the middle of where the action is I can't help but to participate and see it. I want to be all over that. I really do. Not every night. Not even most nights. I am still me of course. But I really want to take this last year and "act like I am actually in my twenties" as my sister put it. Any assistance in the search for my new home would be greatly appreciated. Love always, ~Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home